Wipro To Buy Chennai Firm Encore Theme

A definitive agreement has been signed by Wipro to buy Chennai-based firm Encore Theme Technologies Pvt Ltd, a SaaS and cloud solution provider in financial services for a value of Rs 95 crore. The cash deal is expected to be finalized during the quarter ending December 31, 2020, as per the company’s regulatory filing on Wednesday.

As per the statement, Wipro is likely to buy a 73 percent equity stake upfront while the remaining 27 percent stake is subject to the receipt of particular regulatory approvals and confirmations.

Encore Theme Technologies Pvt Ltd possesses expertise in providing a bunch of trade finance solutions, developed by Finastra to worldwide financial institutions across West Asia, Africa, India, and the Asia Pacific. Finastra is one of the world’s largest fintechs known for delivering 75 successful Finastra Trade Finance projects for banks across these regions in the last over a decade, as per a Wipro statement. Financial institutions are willing to update their trade platforms through end-to-end digitalization. Wipro and Encore will collaborate to enable this upgrading for financial institutions, it further said.   

“We strongly believe this synergy will enable global reach, add value to all our customers and bring in new opportunities that will accelerate our growth and that of our team,” said R.K. Kanthimathinathan, founder MD and CEO, Encore Theme.

Source -
https://www.thehindu.com/business/wipro-to-acquire-chennai-firm-encore-theme/article32965337.ece





Other news

Most Recent Blogs View All Blogs

12 May

Top Ways Fintech Industry Is Getting Transformed Through Blockchain

If you are a businessman who is indulged in any kind of trade ie. import-export activity, you might ...

10 May

Fintechs Are Proving To Be A Boon For Small Exporters

Since the global pandemic of Covid-19 hit the world economy, the global traders have gone into deep ...

25 Apr

Letter of Credit Issuance Process - An Important Trade Finance Instrument

Looking for a letter of credit? This guide covers what an LC is, how it works & its process. Rea...

Disclaimer

Emerio Banque is an innovative global financial institution incorporated in England and Wales with Legal Entity Identifier 875500DGPPWAFABBK130. Emerio Banque does not offer its products and services to businesses and/or persons registered in the United Kingdom.

No information on this website should be construed as a solicitation, offer, recommendation, and representation of suitability or endorsement of any security, investment or strategy.

Important Notice

Emerio Banque would like to advise its customers to report any suspicions which they may have regarding the identity of any intermediary who promotes products or services offered by us or any intermediary bearing similar names. You should verify with Emerio Banque by calling our Customer Service Number on +44 203 059 7831 or emailing help@emeriobanque.com

Please also be aware of bogus SMS messages and voice message calls or fraudsters who impersonate the staff of Emerio Banque.

We have recently become aware of a number of entities with different names misrepresenting themselves as associates, partners or agents of Emerio Banque.

Please be informed that Emerio Banque is not associated with nor do we have any business connections or dealings with such institutions.

Emerio Banque takes all information regarding suspicious fraudulent activity very seriously. Please immediately inform us at compliance@emeriobanque.com if you suspect or are approached by persons misrepresenting or impersonating Emerio Banque and/or its officials. We will make investigations and will take legal action where necessary.